NLP : Neuro Linguistic Programming
What is NLP?
Neuro - This relates to our neurological system through which experiences from our five senses of sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell are received and processed.
Linguistic - This relates to how we use language and nonverbal communication to express the experiences of our neurological system.
Programming - This is how we unconsciously organise our communication and neurological systems to achieve specific outcomes, e.g. the smell of Marmite can make some people salivate with hunger, whilst other people will feel sick and lose their appetite; some people are afraid of flying, but other people love it. In both these examples the external factor is actually neutral but the programmed response from the individual is either for or against.
How does NLP work?
NLP can be used therapeutically to re-programme your unconscious patterns of thought and behaviour, and it is extremely powerful for:
- Self development including self-esteem, assertiveness and confidence
- Stress management
- Removing phobias
NLP practitioners use a set of powerful techniques for rapid and effective behavioural modification, and an operational philosophy to guide their use. It is based on four operational principles:
- Know what outcome you want to achieve
- Have sufficient sensory acuity (acuity means clear understanding) to know if you are moving towards or away from your outcome
- Have sufficient flexibility of behaviour so that you can vary your behaviour until you get your outcome
- Take action now. Our skilled NLP practitioner will personally support you to develop these principles.
How does NLP help?
NLP teaches you how to change your unwanted actions into excellent actions and behaviours. It is used for a wide array of emotional and psychological issues.
- Get back on track again and live a more meaningful and purposeful life
- Learn to run your own mind and brain in better ways
- Have the tools and skills that promote wellbeing
- Be more able to generate highly resourceful states.