Deep clean your skin with a massage
What is a Holistic Facial?
A Holistic Facial at the Westoe Practice, South Shields is a relaxing and energising treatment in which the skin is deeply cleansed then massaged with pure aromatherapy oils chosen specifically for your skin type.
Interested in our therapy services?
Book a class or get in touch to start your recovery today.
PRE & POST NATAL CARE
How does a holistic facial work?
The Holistic Beauty Therapist uses gentle and precise manipulation on the connective tissue and muscles of the face, neck, shoulders and scalp. The connective tissue regains its elasticity and tension is released from the facial muscles, allowing them to lift up and out and leaving lines softened and wrinkles lessened.
How can a holistic Facial help you?
This treatment helps release toxins, stress and tension, bringing about deep relaxation and a complete feeling of wellbeing. Other benefits of holistic facials include;
A typical Holistic facial at the Westoe Practice, South Shields will take approximately 60 minutes. Your session will begin with a brief consultation and review of symptoms, medical history, and lifestyle. After the consultation, one or more essential oils are selected based on what you need and are mixed in with the massage oil or lotion.
A Holistic Facial can help with:
Dry and sensitive skin
Holistic Facials can help to:
- Moisturise and nourish the skin
- Improve the appearance and texture of the skin
- Stimulate the regeneration of skin cells
- Correct and rebalance skin conditions
- Softens lines and wrinkles
- Relieve tension in the muscles of the face
- Reduce stress, tension and anxiety levels
- Relieve tension-related headaches & sinus pressure
- Create an overall feeling of nurturing & wellbeing
- Brighter complexion due to increased circulation
- Tone the facial muscles
- Promote restful sleep
Holistic facials are suitable for people with all skin types – dry, sensitive, oily, and combination – the products used and the treatment itself will be tailored to your specific needs. However, it is advised to avoid a facial if suffering from any of the following:
- undiagnosed lumps, bumps and swellings
- cuts and abrasions
- any infectious skin condition
- recent scar tissue (less than 6 months old)
- severe sunburn
- allergic reaction
- malignant tumour
Our team of highly skilled therapists are here to support and guide you on your journey towards optimum health, fitness and wellbeing.
Let’s get started by taking action today.